LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ASSIGNMENT: MAKE A MENTOR LIST.
Yesterday’s assignment should have helped understand what you specifically need from your potential mentor. No that we understand the why, let’s start thinking about the who.
Draft a list of potential mentors based on the requirements you identified earlier.
Not sure where to start?
- Think about colleagues that you have worked with.
- See if your organization has a formal mentorship program in place.
- Look at your local chamber or professional association.
- Leverage your LinkedIn network.
Now that you are aware of potential sources:
- Challenge yourself to include at least one person from each group to make sure your list is comprehensive.
- Rank the list against the requirements you identified in step one.
- Create a short-list of potential mentors to connect with.
Comment below and let us know where is the best place to find mentors?
Come back tomorrow for What Makes a Great Mentor.